What we offer?
Medical Associates Plus is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality, cost effective medical care. MAP provides affordable care regardless of insurance status. No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay.
MAP accepts most private insurances, Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP.
To apply for Medicaid, click here.
Good Faith Estimates
Under Section 112 of the No Surprises Act, beginning January 1, 2022, individual healthcare providers and facilities must provide a “good faith estimate” of the total expected charges to the patient’s plan or insurer (if the patient is insured and using his or her coverage) or directly to the uninsured or self-pay patient upon request or scheduling of a service. This statutory transparency requirement goes beyond disclosure of the provider or facility’s own expected charges — the good faith estimate information must also include the expected charges for other providers or facilities that are “reasonably expected” to provide items or services in conjunction with the scheduled item or service. In addition, where actual billed charges are “substantially in excess” ($400 or more) of the good faith estimate provided to the uninsured or self-pay patient, the No Surprises Act provides for a patient-provider dispute resolution process to resolve the discrepancy. These good faith estimate rules are distinct from the rest of the No Surprises Act, which focuses on surprise billing protections for insured patients receiving certain out-of-network services and the resolution of payor-provider payment disputes.
Sliding Fee Scale
We also offer a discounted/sliding fee schedule based on income and family size for the uninsured and under-insured. Sliding scale fees are variable prices for health services based on a customer’s ability to pay. Such fees are thereby reduced for those who have lower incomes or no income. For the most up-to-date information on our accepted private health insurance plans, contact our health center.
- 1 current pay stub if paid monthly
- 2 current pay stubs if paid bi-weekly
- 4 current pay stubs if paid weekly
- Recent W2 or wage statement from the Dept. of Labor
- Recent Federal Income Tax Return
- A notarized letter from the employer can also be accepted
- Notarized statement from person verifying they are not employed
- Statement from Social Security Administration.
- Statement from the Dept. of Children and Family (DCF).
- Disability statements
How will changes in my personal information affect my Sliding Fee Discount?
If there are changes before your one year SFS discount expires, you may still qualify for the discount. We will help you and evaluate how it will change your status. Please contact us within ten (10) working days of any of the following changes:
- Your home address
- Income or household size
- Marital status
- Insurance coverage (including Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance)
What do you receive as a SFS Patient?
- A regular visit will be discounted based on Sliding Fee Scale.
- There are some services NOT covered under the SFS Discount program.
- You will have to pay additional fees for the following:
- Labs (bloodwork)
- CT Scans
- Referral Doctors
- Under the program, you will receive a discounted price for medication. Pricing will be determined on case-by-case basis and will be approved by Pharmacist. You can call and check with the Pharmacist about the price of your current medications.
- Comprehensive Oral Exam
- Simple extraction
- Surgical Extraction
- Not all Dental services are covered under the SFS Discount program.
- Call 706.790.4440 – Option 4 for dental inquires
- Routine PAP visits are covered under the discount program.
- Some birth control methods are discounted under the program. You can talk with the provider to see if yours qualify.
Please call (877) 205-5006 for more info.
Arrange for prescription renewals and/or a supply of medications.
Contact the Pharmacy (877) 205-5006 regarding transferring prescriptions.
We want to be your pharmacy of choice.